Sunday, November 28, 2010

The psychological story about the party

It was a cold windy Friday night that I saw it (optical lobe). It was a line of cars, all filled with my friends that were driving by my house with loud music pumping out from the windows. They were all chatting loudly, laughing and it look to me like they were having the time of their life. This made me feel very sad and left out (amygdala), why would all my friends be going somewhere without me? I could feel my heart racing (autonomic nervous system) and I clench my fists (parietal lobe). Maybe it was just a coincidence I told myself, why would they all decide to just leave me out of all of this. While I stood there reasoning (frontal lobe) with myself, I a paper all of a sudden blew up in my face. I grabbed it and read. It was an invitation, to a party. Tonight. The headline said "Biggest party of the year! You better be there!" The date was written in some cryptically way. It was a math puzzle, I quickly solved it in my head (left hemisphere), and was hardly surprised when I realised that the party was tonight.
     All of a sudden I just felt very tired (pons), remembering (hippocampus) as a child how my family once forgot to bring me food when they'd all gone out for dinner. This had always left a scar in my heart and I was never able to get over it. ¨
   All this worrying had made me really thirsty (hypthalamus) so I went to the refrigerator. I opened the door just a little bit to fast, I lost my balance (cerebellum) and swayed for a second to long. Luckily, with the help of the door, I managed to stay on my feet. I searched (central nervous system) the refrigerator for something to drink, but there was only food in there. I closed my eyes (somatic nervous system) and sighed.
   "No," I thought, "I can't just sit here and feel sorry for myself." I took my coat and jumped in the car. I was going to this party, invitation or not. I needed to know what was going on tonight. Maybe a little impulsive (right hemisphere), but hey, this was killing me! I arrieved to the place where the invitation said that the party would be, but really, it didn't seem to be a party here. I could see some of my friends, carrying some boxes into the house. I went out of my car and went up to my friends. Their faces were shocked. They didn't look too happy to see me. Something told me they were hiding something (reticular formation). For a second we stood there and doing nothing but just breathing (medulla) and looking at each other.
   "What's going on?" I asked.
   "Well, since it's all ruined now," one of my friends said "we'r having a suprise party for you. For your birthday."

No comments:

Post a Comment