Monday, November 8, 2010

Blogging Assignment #1

Ok, so I'm Amanda. I am 17 years old and I am an exchange student from Sweden. Next week I've been here for four months... It's scary how time flies. It's hard right now, I'm pretty homesick I guess, but I'm fine though. This fall I've taken up tennis again which was so much fun, and now, I'm on the ski team. I love doing sports here, I really do, it's so much fun and really serious. In spring I'm going to do track I think. At home, I go to upper secondery school, called Marina Laroverket, I guss if you translated that it would be the Marine school. My program is called Leadership and commuincation, we do a lot of physcology, leadership and speech. The main idea is to make sure that people get more confident about themselves and get to know yourself better. Also, since it's a marine school, my class get to go out and sail for a total of 9 weeks over 3 years. It is the best thing ever and I love my school, I really do.

So about psychology, well, I read it back home the entire last year. It's hard to say what I know though, last year we did a lot of experience based learning. We did study theorys of like Freud, the Maslow stair, Johari window and a lot of prespectives. I know a lot of myself, that's the main thing what i learned last year, I can definetly say that I know myself better now, and I understand people around me better. I chose this course because it's very interesting and I think it's fun. I hope that I can learn more about people in general and apply the theories to life in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment